Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading integrated investment bank focusing on a variety of industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, the firm has offices in Houston, Denver, Chicago, Calgary, Abu Dhabi, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Paris. In addition to a securities firm, this growing company has a private equity business and an asset management division.
This dynamic firm is seeking a Senior Accountant for its Corporate Accounting Advisory Division. The ideal candidate should have prior experience, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Advisory Accounting to manage the business’s billing function by overseeing a junior accountant
- Be able to interpret and apply the new ASC 606 revenue recognition standard
- Correspond with investment banking teams to maintain and manage the firm’s revenue reporting pipeline
- Assist in the monthly close process for the firm’s Advisory business including but not limited to: prepaids, accruals, depreciation & amortization, revenue accruals & deferrals and review/ analysis of fluctuations in account balances
- Record all day to day accounting entries related to six of the firm’s Advisory business subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with counterparts on expense allocations at a divisional and entity level
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting and Management Reporting teams
- Assist in the preparation of transfer pricing and intercompany allocations
- Coordinate with the Tax Department and third party tax consultant – preparation and support for Tax Returns
- Key participant with upcoming General Ledger implementation and Internal Control enhancements (process documentation, identify process improvements, etc.)
- Ability to perform Financial and Regulatory Reporting including: SIPC, FCA, ICAAP & Pillar, DFSA, ADGM, US and UK surveys and VAT returns.
- T&E Expense review and upload
- Provide support and interact with auditors as needed
Desired Skills and Background:
- CPA/CPA Candidate
- Public accounting audit/assurance experience or comparable industry experience (3‐5 years)
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff accountants
- Advanced experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Fast learner with the ability to work in a fast‐paced, constantly evolving environment
- Extremely organized and very detail‐oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to work under little or no supervision with a strong desire to excel
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading global independent advisory firm, providing strategic and financial advice and asset management services to a broad client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The Advisory business advises clients across a range of the most active industry sectors and international markets. Together with its affiliates, the Asset Management business has capital commitments and managed assets of approximately $14.6 billion. With approximately 650 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, Houston, London, Austin, Calgary, Chicago, Denver, Dubai, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit http://www.pwpartners.com.