Perella Weinberg Partners (PWP) is actively seeking a Communications Associate to work directly with the Head of Communications. The Communications Group is responsible for managing and executing the Firm’s global internal and external communications strategies and communicating critical news and information to key stakeholders. The Communications team maintains constant dialogue with senior management and external news sources to further the Firm’s communication agenda. The role will provide exposure to all parts of the Firm and is ideal for someone who is interested in all communication and media mediums; including print, broadcast, online and social media. PWP is seeking an individual who wants to learn and succeed, with a strong interest in understanding our organization as well as knowledge and experience with various communication best practices.
- Develop and review communications materials, including pitch letters, press releases, branded content, employee newsletter, talking points, fact sheets, bios, prepared remarks, standby statements, internal announcements, quarterly coverage analysis, etc.
- Partner with relevant business units and teams on the creation of branding and marketing materials
- Serve as a key point of contact on matters relating to the website and collateral marketing materials
- Maintain global standardized brand guidelines
- Manage updates on external website and Communications related items on Firm intranet to ensure information is correct and compliant
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communications industry best practices and help implement these advancements
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Firm, keeping abreast of the Firm’s business and industry to maintain a solid knowledge base as it relates to the Firm
- Research and compile schedule of editorial calendars, conferences and industry events
- Monitor, clip and distribute Firm-related coverage and check for accuracy
- Conduct research and compile background briefing packages
- Create and maintain media lists and media interactions
- Interact with external vendors, including PR agencies
- BA/BS Degree (preferably in Public Relations, Journalism or English) with a minimum of 4 - 6 years of experience; excellent performance record; previous financial services industry or public relations experience preferred
- Previous experience as a journalist or working with the media; social media experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment, strong problem solving skills, sense of urgency, and willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively while meeting deadlines
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Self-starter who is resourceful, organized and detail-oriented
- Must be able to meet short deadlines and maintain high levels of quality
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a high speed environment; team oriented with the ability to work independently and globally
- High energy, positive and curious outlook
- Media guidelines (on-the-record vs. background vs. off-the-record)
- Key reporters covering our space (M&A, restructuring, hedge funds, private equity, etc.) and relevant publications
- Who to contact at publications regarding op-eds and editorial meetings
- The documents to support announcements (talking points, Q&A, press release, fact sheet, rollout schedule, etc.)
- Factiva, Bloomberg and Cision
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading independent, client-focused financial services firm providing advisory, asset management and energy securities research, underwriting and trading services to a broad, global client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The Advisory business advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, strategic and capital structure matters, financial restructuring and capital raising. The Asset Management business collectively manages assets of more than $14.7 billion across a suite of hedge fund strategies, private investment funds and outsourced CIO solutions. The Firm’s energy practice operates as Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co (http://www.tphco.com). The energy investment strategies currently include energy infrastructure, Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs), Alternative Energy, energy equities, and energy private equity. With approximately 650 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, Houston, London, Abu Dhabi, Austin, Calgary, Chicago, Denver, Dubai, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit http://www.pwpartners.com.
Perella Weinberg Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.