Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conduct investment due diligence and underwriting for energy, natural resources and energy infrastructure opportunities.
- Clearly articulate, communicate and present results of analysis to management formally and informally, including through the preparation and presentation of reports, models, memorandums, and presentations
- Assist transaction structuring and closing process
- Perform ongoing investment monitoring and analysis of invested portfolio including underlying exposure, diversification and leverage to market dynamics
- Manage fund pipeline of transaction deal flow
- Interact with senior management, team members, internal and external legal counsel, accounting, operations, investment custodians, external advisors and consultants in the course of conducting responsibilities
- Utilize necessary information systems for analysis and reporting
- 4+ years of energy investment experience or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree from accredited university required in relevant field
- Solid understanding of energy private equity dynamics
- Knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies, and fundamental investment factors
- Working proficiency with statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments
- Solid understanding of energy, natural resources and infrastructure industry dynamics, and valuation metrics and techniques
- Demonstrated experience analyzing energy transactions and conducting due diligence
Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (TPH & Co.) is a leading integrated energy investment and merchant bank that delivers a suite of energy investment strategies to investors, utilizing its industry leading position in the energy markets. The high growth Asset Management Division currently manages ~$2 billion across strategies in energy infrastructure, Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs), energy equities, and energy private equity. TPH & Co. is headquartered in Houston, Texas and has offices in Denver, New York, London and Calgary.
This dynamic 170+ person firm is seeking an Associate in our Private Equity business for the Houston office, reporting to the President and Chief Investment Officer, Dan Pickering. The ideal candidate will have a foundational understanding the energy or investment management industry, be comfortable interacting directly with clients, while supporting the broader functions of the private equity platform.